Wednesday, March 26, 2008

An Ancient Ark and an Empty Tomb

A funny thing happened to me on the way to church on Easter Sunday...

Just as I was about to leave the house that morning I received a call from our Lead Pastor. He had become extremely ill that morning. He was scarcely able to get out of bed much less come to the church and preach the Easter sermon. He needed me to fill in for him.

Because I had to drive to Indianapolis, help with our daughter work service, drive back to Muncie, and take care of several items that needed my attention before service began... I had just about zero time to prepare for a sermon.

This was Easter Sunday... the day that we have the largest attendance of any service all year!

Fortunately, God had everything under control! I had a thought that I had been mulling over for several days. I knew God was in it and that He would bless it. So, with no sermon notes or outline I walked to the pulpit. And this is what I preached: "An Ancient Ark and an Empty Tomb".

Listen to the sermon now or download the MP3...



Right click (Save Target As...) to download the MP3.

Note: Special thanks to Ron Wofford who, unbeknownst to him, provided me with a thought that was the inspiration for this sermon.

No comments: